1. Where is City Hall located? 
    The offices are located in the Community Center located at 201 South Main Street.
  2. What are the office hours? 
    Monday – Friday 8am – 3pm.
  3. When is my utility bill due? 
    Bills are due 14 days after they are mailed out. Typically around the 20-25th each month. See your monthly bill for specific date.
  4. How can I pay my bill after office hours?  
    You can mail your payment to: P.O. Box 425 Mabel, MN 55954 or you can use our drop box located inside of the south pillar in front of the Community Center. We also have the ability to accept credit and debit cards on this website. See the “online payments” section.
  5. Can I have my bill set up for auto-payments?  
    Yes.  Contact City Hall for the form. Auto-payments pull on the 15th each month.
  6. When is garbage and recycle picked up? 
    Every Wednesday morning.
  7. When is compost picked up? 
    Every Monday morning from May 1st through October 1st. Or can be taken to the compost site located at the sewer plant 8am-8pm.
  8. If I buy a new appliance, can I get a rebate on my utility bill? 
    Yes, we have a one-time rebate for energy star appliances on dehumidifier, freezer, washing machine, refrigerator, dishwasher, air conditioner, or room air conditioner at $25.00 each. We would need a copy of the invoice, energy star label and a rebate form filled out and you would receive the credit on your utility bill.
  9. When are the City Council meetings? 
    They are the second Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
  10. Where do the city council meetings take place? 
    In the meeting room in the Community Center.
  11. When are the EDA meetings? 
    They are the second Wednesday of every month at 5 p.m.
  12. Where are the EDA meetings held? 
    In the meeting room in the Community Center.
  13. What are costs of renting the Community Center? 
    Please refer to the Community Center tab for more information.
  14. Do I need to license my pet? 
    Yes. Pet owners will need to license their pets annually at the 1st of each year, along with a copy of vaccinations.
  15. What is the cost of the pet license? 
    $10.00. Maximum of 2 pets per household
  16. How do I know if I need a zoning permit? 
    If you are looking at building/remodeling/additional (home or business), you will need the following information for a zoning permit:

    • Location of your lot lines
    • Dimensions of your lot
    • Description of what you are building
    • Address where you are building
    • A drawing of the building placed on the lot showing that the setback requirements have been met for the area your lot is zoned as
    • Payment of zoning permit fee to the City of Mabel
    • Zoning permit from the City of Mabel BEFORE construction begins.
  17. What is the zoning permit cost? 
  18. Do I need a permit to drive my golfcart/ATV in town? 
    Yes. Stop in City Hall to get your permit.
  19. What is the cost for a recreational vehicle permit? 
  20. When is Steam Engine Days?  Steam Engine Days is held annually the weekend after Labor Day. The Mabel Business Association is your contact for Steam Engine Days. Please direct your Steam Engine Days questions to one of the Mabel Business Association board members or see their Mabel Business Association Facebook Page for the latest news.
In accordance with Federal law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion and familial status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) To file a complaint of discrimination, write to: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD). This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.